Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The first time ever I saw your face...

I had just finished a brutal WOD (for non-Crossfiters that's Workout of the Day!)

My face was red, my hair was wet and I was standing at the front desk getting ready to sign up for a year's worth of WOD's at this Crossfit gym.

Little did I know that day, when I was running 400 meters carrying 25lbs followed by push-ups, sit-up, squats and God knows what other torture they threw at me that day, little did I know that it was my last day of torture. My last WOD (for now).

I didn't know...I had no clue.

Wallet out...ready to join...

I knew the owner from party days gone by! Funny how that happens. He used to date one of my girlfriend's.

He was asking me if I liked the workout and I was making a joke about being able to tell from my cherry red face when my phone rang...

No caller ID, 609 area code...hmmm...who the hell is this? 

My mom and sister are in the 609 area code...but they would come up on the ID? Maybe they are calling from somewhere else??

No clue...

"Ryan, I've got to take this. I'll be right back"

I walked outside to take that call and Ryan never saw me again!

Every moment of that day has transformed into a slow motion movie that keeps replaying in my mind.

One year later I can't get over the fact that this has happened to me! That Ladybug and I are a forever family.

That day I drove to my adoption agency to meet Ladybug's birth mom and grandma.

And although every moment of this movie that plays out in my head is monumental, there is one moment frozen in time...

While waiting for them to get to the agency for our meeting, the social worker handed me her cell phone with these pictures on it:














It was truly love at first sight! I knew in my heart of hearts that she was my daughter...my forever daughter...

April 15, 2014 - The first time ever I saw your face! Mommy loves you!! Mommy loves that face!!






7 comments:

  1. So beautiful Michaela! Gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just tear up every time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that story! What a life changing call!
    :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post!! Amazing how things can change so quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I know the joy you feel, and I am so happy for you. Adoption is the best thing in the world. Your girl is beautiful and I am so happy you are a forever family. It made me teary thinking about you on that day one year ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, just beautiful & makes me cry with joy for you!! I am just so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...