Thank you Julia!! Thank you so much!
Here are the rules:
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers…the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow…
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!
Even though I am late in acknowledging and thanking Julia, I decided to play along!
I could really use a distraction right now!
11 Things about myself:
1. I have double jointed toes...it's really freaky, I can click them back and forth and it pretty much creeps everyone out that I show them to... including my cats.
2. I love the funny man! I was never the type of girl to crush on Brad Pitt or Bradley Cooper...though they are both very attractive...my type of guy...my Hollywood crushes...Adam Sandler, Ben Stiller, Mathew Perry, Paul Rudd
3. I cry over road kill...and if it was me that accidently hit them I am upset for a very long time...
4. My vacuum cleaner is older than I am and still works! That thing will suck the curtain right off the rod if I accidentally vacuum it up!
5. I didn't start feeling older until this year. I actually said to my friend V..."Well now that I am finally getting older..." Finally! Ha!! Oh well I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.
6. I am a lazy perfectionist.
7. I am very passionate...sometimes to a fault, which causes me to get up on my soapbox...not always a good thing...
8. Most of the time I am kidding around.
9. I have no problem being alone. I would just prefer not to be.
10. I am overly sensitive (as seen in #3). I take things to heart and get very saddened by those things I take to heart.
11. I crack myself up! Yes, I laugh at my own jokes...but in my defense they are usually pretty funny.
Now here are my answers to Julia's questions:
1. What has been the most memorable thing you have blogged about? Moving forward with my adoption plans and being homestudy approved.
2 . Do you share your blog with people you know in real life? Funny, I am actually working on a post about this! I was so naive when I started blogging...had no idea about anonymity. I wanted to be an open book. So yes, I share this with people in my real life. But now I am learning there are days I want to be a closed book...or at least an incognito book!
3. Do you remember your dreams? If so, what was the last one you remember having? I do remember some of my dreams. The last one was about Samuel.
4. What is your favourite meal that you make at home? Oh...hmmm...Right now I am addicted to whole wheat pasta with a ground turkey meat sauce and stewed tomatoes.
5. If money was no object, where would you travel to next? I have a bucket list! To name a few...in the US - the Grand Canyon, California, Alaska, Maine (among others)...Overseas - Greece, Italy, Australia, Africa (among others).
6. What is your best childhood memory? Flying in a glider.
7. Do you/How did you know what you wanted to be when you grew up? I still don't! Well, that's not really true...I think I finally figured it out! So now is when I knew!
8. Favourite hot beverage? Coffee. I love coffee. The smell, the taste etc. Throw some Bailey's in there and YUM!!
9. Favourite cold beverage? Manhattan! But on the non alcoholic side as drab as this sounds, I love drinking plain Seltzer!
10. Best gift that was ever given to you? A cartouche from Egypt with my name on it.
11. What do you like most about blogging? Being able to get out what I am feeling. Being able to look at, put words to it and hopefully by sharing it, I can in some small way help.
Okay now as far as the other rules of the award go...I don't want to get in trouble but I find that many of the people I read have received this award and so instead of nominating directly the recipients I would choose, I have decided that I choose all of you...my followers...those that read here...
I would LOVE to hear 11 things about you. Or 3 things or 5 things. Whatever comes to mind that you want to share.
Or answer one of Julia's questions. I actually really enjoyed answering her questions. Again whatever you feel like sharing please leave the responses in the Comments.
We will make this a dialogue!
I am going to put my 11 questions at the end of upcoming posts and ask all of you to respond.
And now here is my Free Pass.
I am finding that the past is holding me back. I am holding on to mistakes and bad choices, wrongdoings by others and being unforgiving.
I am working on letting go...I am working on my freedom...
Close the door on old, painful memories. Close the door on old hurts, old self-righteous unforgiveness. You might take an incident in the past where there was pain and hurt–something that is hard for you to forgive or look at. Ask yourself: "How long do I want to hold onto this? How long do I want to suffer because of something that happened in the past?" Now see a stream in front of you and take this old experience, this hurt, this pain, and put the whole incident in the stream and see it begin to dissolve and drift away until it disappears. You have the ability to let go. You are free. ~ Louise Hay
I hope in some small way this will help others to be free too!